Do you want to lose 10, 30, 50 or more pounds? Have you recently reached your weight loss goal but want to maintain it? Are you willing to dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!

I have lost 118 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for two years. One of the things I have learned during the weight loss process is that it is much easier to reach and maintain your goal weight if you surround yourself with like-minded individuals to support you in the process (whether they be in person or online).

I also have learned that learning as much as possible about healthy living gives you the knowledge and expertise needed to lose weight the “right” way. So this blog includes regular posts, a book list, website list, TV list, video list and book and website of the month. In addition, there is a recipe of the month and product review section. Visitors to Weight Loss Aficionado can just enjoy the site for informational purposes or can comment on posts, ask questions, share resources, their triumphs and pitfalls during the weight loss process.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Drink in Style While Getting Your 8 Glasses a Day!

I try to be environmentally aware so I always use a reusable water bottle instead of purchasing small bottles of water that help exacerbate the waste management and pollution issues we have in the world. I don't know about you but I have bought a multitude of water bottles throughout the years. The sad thing is I haven't been satisfied with one of them! Either they leak, they break, their not easy to carry or they don't wear well. My water bottles never stand the test of time and they never cost me more than 8 dollars, maybe that's the problem!   

So, last week I went on the web and did research on the best rated water bottles and found two that I thought were impressive and aesthetically pleasing to try out. I bought a purple 700 ml ThinkSport bottle (thinksport.com) and an orange 500 ml KOR Hydration Vessel (korwater.com). 

The ThinkSport bottle:
  • Is double-walled and vacuum-sealed stainless steel - keeps contents hot or cold for hours
  • Is perfect for  hot or cold beverages - does not sweat (for cold contents) or burn your hand (for hot contents)
  • Has a contoured design - makes the bottle easy to hold and visually distinctive from the many, many straight-walled bottles
  • Has a removable mesh filter - keeps ice from blocking the drinking spout and allows users to conveniently brew tea on the go
  • Has unsurpassed testing for material safety – their  products undergo rigorous chemical and biologic testing to insure they do not contain toxic chemical

The KOR hydration bottle:
  • Has a distinctive handle, which represents their visual tribute to the ancient Greek symbol for change (Δ)
  • Has a hinged no worry cap with a safety latch closure
  • Has a threadless spout
  • Has a cushioned base
  • Has 2 KOR Stones in cap for personalization 
  •  Is made of  Eastman Tritan™ (vessel body/trim); POM plastic (button/latch); GLS TPE(seal, cap cover, bottom pad)

I keep my KOR hydration bottle in my bag wherever I go and use my ThinkSport bottle for the gym. If I finish the water in both bottles each day that is 1200 ml which equals about 5 cups of water. So I only have to drink 3 additional cups for the day.  I have been using them every day since I bought them and they are amazing. In addition, they are aesthetically pleasing so I get compliments on them all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment