Here's the recipe:
- 10 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into 8 strips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. honey mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 20 standard-sized (not mini) hard salted thin pretzel twists
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar (I used Equal)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine honey mustard with egg substitute and whisk well. Submerge chicken in mustard-egg mixture, and set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pretzels in a sealable plastic bag, seal, and finely crush through the bag with a meat mallet or other heavy utensil. Add sugar, reseal, and shake to mix. Spread the mixture out on a large plate or in a large dish. Set aside.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken strips to the pretzel-sugar mixture and thoroughly coat. Then transfer the to the baking sheet. (Discard excess mustard-egg mixture.) Mist the tops of the strips with nonstick spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through baking, until the chicken is cooked through. Eat and enjoy!
MAKES 2 SERVINGS