Do you want to lose 10, 30, 50 or more pounds? Have you recently reached your weight loss goal but want to maintain it? Are you willing to dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!

I have lost 118 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for two years. One of the things I have learned during the weight loss process is that it is much easier to reach and maintain your goal weight if you surround yourself with like-minded individuals to support you in the process (whether they be in person or online).

I also have learned that learning as much as possible about healthy living gives you the knowledge and expertise needed to lose weight the “right” way. So this blog includes regular posts, a book list, website list, TV list, video list and book and website of the month. In addition, there is a recipe of the month and product review section. Visitors to Weight Loss Aficionado can just enjoy the site for informational purposes or can comment on posts, ask questions, share resources, their triumphs and pitfalls during the weight loss process.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Try Air and Paddle Board Yoga!


One of my favorite classes to take is yoga. There is nothing that can compare to the way you feel after a yoga class. It is a feeling of complete harmony, both of mind and body. I recently read about two new trends in yoga; air yoga and paddle board yoga.

Air yoga is done with the individual suspended in air on a hammock. When I saw the segment on air yoga on “The View” it reminded me of how much I loved flying high on the swig set in my back yard when I was a child.  It looked much easier than I had expected. Air yoga classes are offered in many major cities now.

Check out the segment on air yoga from “The View” below:



Paddle board yoga as you would guess is done on a paddle board in the ocean. Imagine, doing yoga with the beautiful blue sea below you. I would guess that it is a little bit more challenging than traditional yoga considering you have to balance yourself on a paddle board.  How exciting! Next time I go the Florida to visit my family I will try this out. Apparently, there are a many places in Miami to take paddle board yoga classes!

Check out the video below on paddle board yoga:


So, if you have the chance try air and paddle board yoga. I will definitely share my experience with you after I get the opportunity to try them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment