Do you want to lose 10, 30, 50 or more pounds? Have you recently reached your weight loss goal but want to maintain it? Are you willing to dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!

I have lost 118 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for two years. One of the things I have learned during the weight loss process is that it is much easier to reach and maintain your goal weight if you surround yourself with like-minded individuals to support you in the process (whether they be in person or online).

I also have learned that learning as much as possible about healthy living gives you the knowledge and expertise needed to lose weight the “right” way. So this blog includes regular posts, a book list, website list, TV list, video list and book and website of the month. In addition, there is a recipe of the month and product review section. Visitors to Weight Loss Aficionado can just enjoy the site for informational purposes or can comment on posts, ask questions, share resources, their triumphs and pitfalls during the weight loss process.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Try Greek Yogurt!


It seems like almost everytime I watch a health based show or read a health based magazine I read something about Greek yogurt. I’ve been a "Dannon Fruit on the Bottom" girl since childhood so I’ve been putting off trying it. 

Today I went to the supermarket and bought Chobani Non-Fat Greek Yogurt in several flavors including Blood Orange. I’ve been on a Blood Orange binge ever since the Blood Orange Pinkberry I had this weekend. If you haven’t tried Pinkberry before try it. It’s amazing and only 154 calories for a small cup. Just make sure that the topping options you choose are all fruit.  I had blueberries, blood oranges pieces and raspberries on mine. Back to the Greek Yogurt; I see what all the rage is about.  It is thick and creamy with a twinge of sourness. It’s almost unbelievable that it is nonfat and only 140 calories for 6 ounces.
 
There are many benefits to switching from American yogurt to nonfat Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is higher in protein per serving, has less sugar and is lower in carbs. It’s so thick and creamy you can use the plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for mayonnaise or sour cream in recipes. So if you haven’t yet, try Greek yogurt and see what all the rage is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment