- I will take charge of my life. Today is the first day of the rest of my life
- I will be accountable. I will no longer be a victim of circumstances, my surrounding or others influences.
- I believe in the importance and value of self- improvement.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. Rather than allow myself to feel like a victim of bad circumstances, I will look beyond everyday challenges to figure out why they happen and how I can better control them.
- I love and accept myself. Among everything else I rank myself first.
- I will incorporate good living, healthy eating and spirituality into my everyday life. I’ll make it ritualistic like brushing my teeth.
- I am the captain of my own ship called destiny
- I make health and wellness my top priority
- Failure is not an option for me. If I set attainable goals and reasonable expectations, I will succeed.
- I live in the present. I do not live with,” I should haves” or “I could haves”.
Do you want to lose 10, 30, 50 or more pounds? Have you recently reached your weight loss goal but want to maintain it? Are you willing to dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!
I have lost 118 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for two years. One of the things I have learned during the weight loss process is that it is much easier to reach and maintain your goal weight if you surround yourself with like-minded individuals to support you in the process (whether they be in person or online).
I also have learned that learning as much as possible about healthy living gives you the knowledge and expertise needed to lose weight the “right” way. So this blog includes regular posts, a book list, website list, TV list, video list and book and website of the month. In addition, there is a recipe of the month and product review section. Visitors to Weight Loss Aficionado can just enjoy the site for informational purposes or can comment on posts, ask questions, share resources, their triumphs and pitfalls during the weight loss process.