He gave the following quiz:
- Have you successfully lost weight in the past only to gain it back?
- Has your weight loss recently slowed or stalled?
- Do you often skip meals?
- Do you currently eat a very low calorie diet?
- Have you eliminated carbohydrates from your diet?
- Boost Your Metabolism Every 3 Hours with a Power 3 Plate: always have protein and veggies on the plate and then add complex carbs or fats(3 types of food each meal)
- Turn Up the Metabolic Thermostat/ Thyroid: must keep it at full speed- carbs help create a healthy thyroid. Eat fresh carbs (beans and legumes, sweet potatoes, grains etc.). If you cut your carbs you will slow down the function of your thyroid by 50%!
- Build Metabolic Muscle(Make Sure Your Workouts Include Muscle Builders and Shredders): Big Muscle Builders=resistance training is key. Go after the glutes and quads- squats. Shredders= intervals/ aerobic exercise is the other key element.