Do you want to lose 10, 30, 50 or more pounds? Have you recently reached your weight loss goal but want to maintain it? Are you willing to dedicate yourself to a healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!

I have lost 118 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for two years. One of the things I have learned during the weight loss process is that it is much easier to reach and maintain your goal weight if you surround yourself with like-minded individuals to support you in the process (whether they be in person or online).

I also have learned that learning as much as possible about healthy living gives you the knowledge and expertise needed to lose weight the “right” way. So this blog includes regular posts, a book list, website list, TV list, video list and book and website of the month. In addition, there is a recipe of the month and product review section. Visitors to Weight Loss Aficionado can just enjoy the site for informational purposes or can comment on posts, ask questions, share resources, their triumphs and pitfalls during the weight loss process.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Create A Vision Board To Keep You On Track!

Vision boards are a visual representation of where you are going and what it will look like. They include your goals and pictures and can also include lyrics to songs and inspirational qoutes. When I began my diet I created a "Health and Confidence" vision board. It focuses on my weight, physical fitness and my aesthetic self. It is filled with pictures of woman I inspire to be physically. I got all the pictures from magazines.

Some of the goals I put on my board include: lose 50 pounds by November 2011, lose 75 pounds by February 2012, minimize food consumption to 1500 calories by May 2011, minimize food consumption to 1300 calories by December 2011, increase my time at the gym to 2 hours and 15 minutes by October 2011, add yoga and pilates classes to my exercise routine by December 2011, read at least 6 healthy living books by December 2011, start taking martial arts classes by May 2012.  As you can see every goal has a time frame so I don't slack. When I meet the goal I put a small sticker on it to remind me that I met the goal and to give me encouragement to work towards the goals I still need to meet. I keep my vision board in a place where I regularly walk by it.

So, if you don't have a vision board create one this weekend. All you need is a cork board or other type of board, some magazines, a stapler, computer paper, scissors and a computer & printer to type your goals and qoutes. If you don't have a computer you can write them by hand. To create the vision board just arrange the pictures, goals and qoutes on the board in an aesthetically appeasing manner then staple them down and wola, you have a vision board!

No comments:

Post a Comment